Since 2008, we have worked with the world's leading manufacturers and brands to make supply chain transparency possible.
Sourcemap started as a MIT Media Lab research project to map all of the supply chains in the world.
When the Tōhoku tsunami of 2011 devastated supply chains worldwide, Sourcemap Inc. was incorporated to solve the imminent needs of manufacturers who had lost visibility of their indirect (second- and third-tier) suppliers. Over the coming years we worked with our customers to build the world's first supply chain mapping platform, combining cutting-edge technology and research with customized solutions that meet the needs of each customer.
Starting on day one we have built Sourcemap in response to our customers' needs: whether it was for promoting local food businesses in Scotland and Massachusetts, planning for business continuity at Procter & Gamble, mapping certified cocoa farms for Mars Chocolate or foot-printing thousands of apparel factories worldwide through the new Higg 3.0 platform.
We continue to stay ahead of the curve, in both technology and user-centered design approach. We bring a unique set of values to every customer.
- Independence. As a self-funded startup, Sourcemap can afford to take risks and develop cutting-edge solutions for our customers ahead of market demand.
Software Only. We believe that impartiality is essential to supply chain transparency, and we let our customers choose the standards, auditing and consulting partners best-suited to every job.
- Design Focus. Our company is led by a designer and our software has won numerous awards for its innovative user interfaces. What does that mean? Simply, Sourcemap's software is so easy to use that smallholders, factory managers and CEO's alike can all intuitively use the same platform.
- Customization. Our software is flexible enough to handle data collection and modeling for any operations, risk, compliance and sustainability data, across any manufacturing industry, and we work closely with customers to add features as needed to give them a competitive edge.
- Future-Proof. Sourcemap's technology stack is continuously reinvented and refreshed ahead of new standards for performance and security so that our customers never have to worry about what the future of technology brings.
- Ethical. We believe that mutually beneficial relationships make supply chains transparent and sustainable, and we practice what we preach: we treat our customers with the same respect and honesty as we treat our employees and our suppliers, and we strive to make sure that mutual respect is carried through every supply chain we work on.